Sunday, March 05, 2006

Baja 1000

As some of you may know, I am a huge NASCAR fan.
So, I thought in honor of the Busch series in Mexico City this weekend, that I would show everyone some pictures from when the Baja 1000 came into town.
Every year there are two off-road races that start in Ensenada; the Baja 500 which is in June and then the Baja 1000 which is in November.
To find out more information you may check out the official website:
NASCAR Cup Series driver Robby Gordon is a big fan of Off-Road racing and he & his father are legends down here. Anytime I mention NASCAR around here, the first response I get "Ohh...Robby Gordon!". :) To read a nice article about Robby Gordon regarding Off-Road Racing: http://www.off-road.com/race/2005score/baja1000/robby_gordon.html
This past November, Richard, Deborah, Richelle and I decided to go to the Meet & Greet with the drivers and check out the Off-Road cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Unfortunately, by the time we were able to leave work it was just about over.
But I did get some pictures.








PS...I found a min-video with some clips from the 2004 Baja 500 race on YouTube.com.



Lastly, I want Congratulate Denny Hamlin on his first Busch Series win today in the Telcel-Motorola 200.



Digg my article

No comments: